:: Kingsman - Manners Maketh Man ::
Salam, good day peeps!
Yesterday, I went to the cinema with my family and got to watch Kingsman: The Secret Service with my younger sister while both of my parents and my youngest brother watched a Chinese movie which I don't remember the name. Anyway, back to the topic, here I am to give my thoughts on the movie. Let's get started!
Kingsman: The Secret Service was first released in 2014 and later, officially released worldwide this year. It embarked the story of Gary Eggsy Unwin whose father died saving the lives of fellow Kingsman including senior spy Harry Hart. Feeling guilt over the death, he offered help to Eggsy and his mother by calling the number at the back of the medal and giving out the code; "Oxford, not brog".
17 years later, Eggsy met Hart again but at that time, Eggsy was getting into trouble with the police and he called the number and gave the code as how Hart instructed. As they were chit-chatting about Eggsy's late father, along with his gang members, Dean (Eggsy's stepdad), were about to repay for what he did before. Hart, caught into the scene, helped Eggsy from harm and later, impressed with his AWESOME fighting skills - I repeat, AWESOME! Seeing that, Eggsy decided to apply for the recruitment of Lancelot with other candidates.
Better I stop here or I'll be giving out more spoilers for those who haven't watched it.
My thoughts for Kingsman: The Secret Service?
At first, I had doubts whether it would be as awesome as its trailer was. It's like a Malay idiom, indah khabar dari rupa. Since I had few experiences regarding those types of movies that wasn't my cup of tea. So, there it was. So, at the beginning of the movie, it wasn't interesting with the first encounter of Hart and Eggsy or the death of Eggsy's father. But it was a trigger of Hart's decision to make the young man as one of the Kingsman 17 years later. As the story progressed, it was likely fascinating with all the missions given by Merlin especially when Eggsy and other candidates were almost drowned and had to find ways to survive. Charlie and Roxy had similar idea on getting oxygen from the toilet but Eggsy noticed the mirror was two-sided and banged until it broke. Oops! Spoiler alert!
Then, it got better reactions from the audience (including me myself) with the budding companionship between Hart and Eggsy and later on, the conflicts faced within Eggsy in his final mission has led to his elimination from becoming the next Lancelot (spoiler alert!) and how he finally decided to fight against Valentine, the antagonist of the story, to atone Hart's death and in the end, led a better life as one of the Kingsman. Thus, my doubts were cleared and I really loved and enjoyed the movie. Likewise, I've taken interest towards 25-year-old Taron Egerton who played the role of Eggsy in this movie. So admiring him now, and by the time I wrote this, I'm on search for his best photo to make as wallpaper. Laugh.
If I could grade the movie like a boss, I would give a (A-). I admit, even though I enjoyed watching Kingsman, my intuition tells me that there was something missing. Perhaps due to the fact that action movies was not my cup of tea to begin with, I ended up feeling so.
Yesterday, I went to the cinema with my family and got to watch Kingsman: The Secret Service with my younger sister while both of my parents and my youngest brother watched a Chinese movie which I don't remember the name. Anyway, back to the topic, here I am to give my thoughts on the movie. Let's get started!
Kingsman: The Secret Service was first released in 2014 and later, officially released worldwide this year. It embarked the story of Gary Eggsy Unwin whose father died saving the lives of fellow Kingsman including senior spy Harry Hart. Feeling guilt over the death, he offered help to Eggsy and his mother by calling the number at the back of the medal and giving out the code; "Oxford, not brog".
17 years later, Eggsy met Hart again but at that time, Eggsy was getting into trouble with the police and he called the number and gave the code as how Hart instructed. As they were chit-chatting about Eggsy's late father, along with his gang members, Dean (Eggsy's stepdad), were about to repay for what he did before. Hart, caught into the scene, helped Eggsy from harm and later, impressed with his AWESOME fighting skills - I repeat, AWESOME! Seeing that, Eggsy decided to apply for the recruitment of Lancelot with other candidates.
Better I stop here or I'll be giving out more spoilers for those who haven't watched it.
My thoughts for Kingsman: The Secret Service?
At first, I had doubts whether it would be as awesome as its trailer was. It's like a Malay idiom, indah khabar dari rupa. Since I had few experiences regarding those types of movies that wasn't my cup of tea. So, there it was. So, at the beginning of the movie, it wasn't interesting with the first encounter of Hart and Eggsy or the death of Eggsy's father. But it was a trigger of Hart's decision to make the young man as one of the Kingsman 17 years later. As the story progressed, it was likely fascinating with all the missions given by Merlin especially when Eggsy and other candidates were almost drowned and had to find ways to survive. Charlie and Roxy had similar idea on getting oxygen from the toilet but Eggsy noticed the mirror was two-sided and banged until it broke. Oops! Spoiler alert!
Then, it got better reactions from the audience (including me myself) with the budding companionship between Hart and Eggsy and later on, the conflicts faced within Eggsy in his final mission has led to his elimination from becoming the next Lancelot (spoiler alert!) and how he finally decided to fight against Valentine, the antagonist of the story, to atone Hart's death and in the end, led a better life as one of the Kingsman. Thus, my doubts were cleared and I really loved and enjoyed the movie. Likewise, I've taken interest towards 25-year-old Taron Egerton who played the role of Eggsy in this movie. So admiring him now, and by the time I wrote this, I'm on search for his best photo to make as wallpaper. Laugh.
| Suits. Glasses. That hair. Why not? |
Still, I would like to recommend this for those who wants some hardcore kicking and punching and stabbing and gun shooting and so on. (smiles)
Well, "manners maketh man." I hope you enjoy reading, see you in the next post. Smiles.
Well, "manners maketh man." I hope you enjoy reading, see you in the next post. Smiles.
Comments