:: Spring 2016 Anime Review ::
Salam, good day peeps!
The month of April has arrived but here I am, thinking what to do with my life while waiting for you-know-what. Anyway, spring is here and new anime has been streamed online. There are TOO MANY anime introduced this season despite the lack of shoujo genre anime - yep, my favorite genre ever. I mean like, it's freaking spring but where's the romance, bro? Heh, romantic much.
Nonetheless, those anime are quite amazing and I am giving you guys my personal to-watch list and perhaps giving my own opinions about those. I need to tell though, that this might be a LONG one, so be nice. Hehehe. Okay, without further ado, let's go!
First is Joker Game. This anime is an adaptation from a novel written under the same name that narrated the formation of D-Agency founded by Lieutenant Col. Yuki alongside 8 final members; Miyoshi, Kaminaga, Jitsui, Fukumoto, Tazaki, Amari, Hatano, and Odagiri whose names and lives are all fake - yes, ALL of them. The agency is observed under Lieutenant Sakuma, a militant who happened to experience their experimental Joker Game.
So, Joker Game is one of the anime that I personally anticipated since its trailer release on Youtube. Aside from the movie adaptation and manga, I actually wanted to watch this via anime because its character design are so alike with Baccano and the trailer itself was fascination for me. Despite that it is likely to be a spy genre, I do not mind watching this because of the impacts the story has. (Perhaps it was due to the fact that they use the 'joker' card as a subject matter.) So, for those who prefer spy story, do give it a try!
The second anime I'm introducing is Bungou Stray Dogs that embarks the story of Nakajima Atsushi, the new member who joined Armed Detective Agency because of his special ability discovered by Dazai Osamu, the weird man who tend to commit suicide. Like himself, the members of the agency too are special and they too have superpowers in their own aspects.
The thing that got me interested to Bungou Stray Dogs is that the characters were actually named under well-known people in arts and literature and their superpowers are based on famous titles of all the authors mentioned in the characters' names. For example Mr. Dazai who was known for his work, 'No Longer Human'. Even though I didn't watch the trailer, I was actually happy to watch this anime without hesitation because its first episode gave me a good impression. In the end, I add this to my to-watch list and hope you guys give it a try too.
Next in line ...well, it's probably the only romance genre anime I watched namely 12-sai (Age 12). This anime is about Hanabi, a 12-year-old pre-teen who unintentionally witnessed her teacher kissing at school and so, she started to feel worried about the changes that she will face as she grows older and mature.
Somehow, I can relate to the character's worries ...relationship wise. You see, I've been in a situation when I fell for my classmate during the age of 12 and I began learning bit by bit about relationship that time. Hahaha. Anyway, I got no complains about how the story goes because I enjoy watching this kind of romance. If you're interested to watch adorable 12-year-old romance, give it a try!
NOW, this one here is entitled Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia). Basically, the story is about the journey of an ordinary boy named Midorima Izuku (Deku) to become a hero like his long-life idol, Mr. All Might and enrolling into UA High School filled with people who have their own special ability a.k.a. Quirks.
Honestly speaking, when I first watched the first episode, I did compare it to One Punch Man due to their similar genre; superheroes. Anyway, that's not the main reason that I've added this anime into my watch-list. Instead, it was mainly because of how Izuku brought himself up for a challenge and becoming the hero he always idealized despite his Quirkless condition. I literally felt his utmost desperation in achieving his ultimate dream. Besides that, the society setting in Boku no Hero Academia piqued my interest ...and thus, if you have any interest in watching this kind of anime, do watch! Hahaha!
Next in line is Shounen Maid (Boy Maid) in which the story goes like this. An orphan, Komiya Chihiro, lost his mother due to illness and was living alone until a man named Taketori Madoka took Chihiro into his care. Unknown to his knowledge, Madoka was his mother's real brother...which makes him Chihiro's uncle and he came to know that Chiyo (Chihiro's mother) has a wealthy family background but she was disowned because of her pregnancy. Not wanting to owe overwhelmed kindness, he worked as a maid for his lazy uncle.
Let me tell you guys, this anime is SO ADORABLE and I don't even know whether it's because Chihiro was in love-hate relationship with his own uncle or it's because Madoka was very silly yet responsible in his career and caregiving. Anyway, for those who likes comedy and bits of heartwarming family story, give Shounen Maid a go!
As you can see the image on the right, this anime entitled Kotetsujou no Kabaneri (Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress) embarks the mankind survival in Hinomori Island with train fortress and guns from man-eating creatures called Kabane. Ikoma, who is a young man with tragic past, is determined to exterminate Kabane and save the mankind but was bitten by a Kabane upon his success in using his own self-created gun. Before he completely transformed into Kabane, he was able to prevent it and later discover that he is now Kabaneri - the mix of human and Kabane. Alongside his comrades, the battle has begun.
Honestly speaking. I had compared this to Shingeki no Kyojin because of the similarity both anime has brought, which is its post-apocalyptic features. I wasn't expecting much and I have well-aware that Kotetsujou no Kabaneri is a dark-themed animation. But, it got me hooked because I really love seeing the arts and the story of zombies did fascinate me a bit. Hahaha. Therefore, I would recommend this anime for those who do enjoy watching this kind of genre.
O-kay! This anime entitled Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge (Tanaka-kun is Always Listless) tells the story of a listlessness boy named Tanaka-kun and Ohta-kun, who finds Tanaka-kun's listlessness interesting and admirable at the same time.
The anime itself has a light art styles and the lead character, Tanaka-kun, was obviously showcasing what listlessness actually is all about. To be truthful, it was Tanaka-kun that got me interested in this anime. His signature blank expression gave a calm and content vibe into this anime and Ohta-kun's brother-like characteristics towards Tanaka-kun made the anime even better for me. I guarantee, this is simply another light comedy genre and if you interested, give it a try!
P.s. I had no idea at all as to what listless meant. Listless can be defined as lack of energy and enthusiasm in doing something. (Thanks Google!)
What we have here now is the anime entitled Mayoiga (The Lost Village). Overall, this anime is about 30 young men and women who wish for a new start in their lives and leaving on tour to the rumored village called Nanakimura - or so they would ever thought.
Anyway, the fact that these people went on tour based on unconfirmed information (spoiler alert), it gave me the feeling that there will be more bad news happening to the group. Therefore, I felt the same vibe as to when I watched Another and that probably because it's the typical mystery, thriller anime and its strikingly similar character designs. So far, the story flows well and it's a good anime to watch especially for the mystery genre fans.
Okay, those are the ones I want to highlight amongst my anime-to-watch list but of course, I watched more than what I've mentioned here such as ...
Kuma Miko: Girl Meets Bear
Genre: Comedy, Slice-of-life
The month of April has arrived but here I am, thinking what to do with my life while waiting for you-know-what. Anyway, spring is here and new anime has been streamed online. There are TOO MANY anime introduced this season despite the lack of shoujo genre anime - yep, my favorite genre ever. I mean like, it's freaking spring but where's the romance, bro? Heh, romantic much.
Nonetheless, those anime are quite amazing and I am giving you guys my personal to-watch list and perhaps giving my own opinions about those. I need to tell though, that this might be a LONG one, so be nice. Hehehe. Okay, without further ado, let's go!
| Credit: myanimelist |
So, Joker Game is one of the anime that I personally anticipated since its trailer release on Youtube. Aside from the movie adaptation and manga, I actually wanted to watch this via anime because its character design are so alike with Baccano and the trailer itself was fascination for me. Despite that it is likely to be a spy genre, I do not mind watching this because of the impacts the story has. (Perhaps it was due to the fact that they use the 'joker' card as a subject matter.) So, for those who prefer spy story, do give it a try!
| Credit: myanimelist |
The thing that got me interested to Bungou Stray Dogs is that the characters were actually named under well-known people in arts and literature and their superpowers are based on famous titles of all the authors mentioned in the characters' names. For example Mr. Dazai who was known for his work, 'No Longer Human'. Even though I didn't watch the trailer, I was actually happy to watch this anime without hesitation because its first episode gave me a good impression. In the end, I add this to my to-watch list and hope you guys give it a try too.
| Credit: myanimelist |
Somehow, I can relate to the character's worries ...relationship wise. You see, I've been in a situation when I fell for my classmate during the age of 12 and I began learning bit by bit about relationship that time. Hahaha. Anyway, I got no complains about how the story goes because I enjoy watching this kind of romance. If you're interested to watch adorable 12-year-old romance, give it a try!
| Credit: myanimelist |
Honestly speaking, when I first watched the first episode, I did compare it to One Punch Man due to their similar genre; superheroes. Anyway, that's not the main reason that I've added this anime into my watch-list. Instead, it was mainly because of how Izuku brought himself up for a challenge and becoming the hero he always idealized despite his Quirkless condition. I literally felt his utmost desperation in achieving his ultimate dream. Besides that, the society setting in Boku no Hero Academia piqued my interest ...and thus, if you have any interest in watching this kind of anime, do watch! Hahaha!
| Credit: gogoanime |
Let me tell you guys, this anime is SO ADORABLE and I don't even know whether it's because Chihiro was in love-hate relationship with his own uncle or it's because Madoka was very silly yet responsible in his career and caregiving. Anyway, for those who likes comedy and bits of heartwarming family story, give Shounen Maid a go!
| Credit: animenewsnetwork |
Honestly speaking. I had compared this to Shingeki no Kyojin because of the similarity both anime has brought, which is its post-apocalyptic features. I wasn't expecting much and I have well-aware that Kotetsujou no Kabaneri is a dark-themed animation. But, it got me hooked because I really love seeing the arts and the story of zombies did fascinate me a bit. Hahaha. Therefore, I would recommend this anime for those who do enjoy watching this kind of genre.
| Credit: myanimelist |
The anime itself has a light art styles and the lead character, Tanaka-kun, was obviously showcasing what listlessness actually is all about. To be truthful, it was Tanaka-kun that got me interested in this anime. His signature blank expression gave a calm and content vibe into this anime and Ohta-kun's brother-like characteristics towards Tanaka-kun made the anime even better for me. I guarantee, this is simply another light comedy genre and if you interested, give it a try!
P.s. I had no idea at all as to what listless meant. Listless can be defined as lack of energy and enthusiasm in doing something. (Thanks Google!)
| Credit: myanimelist |
What we have here now is the anime entitled Mayoiga (The Lost Village). Overall, this anime is about 30 young men and women who wish for a new start in their lives and leaving on tour to the rumored village called Nanakimura - or so they would ever thought.
Anyway, the fact that these people went on tour based on unconfirmed information (spoiler alert), it gave me the feeling that there will be more bad news happening to the group. Therefore, I felt the same vibe as to when I watched Another and that probably because it's the typical mystery, thriller anime and its strikingly similar character designs. So far, the story flows well and it's a good anime to watch especially for the mystery genre fans.
Okay, those are the ones I want to highlight amongst my anime-to-watch list but of course, I watched more than what I've mentioned here such as ...
| Credit: myanimelist |
Kuma Miko: Girl Meets Bear
Genre: Comedy, Slice-of-life
| Credit: twinstarexorcistwikia |
Sousei no Onmyouji
(Twin Star Exorcist)
Genre: Action, Supernatural
| Credit: myanimelist |
Anne Happy
(Anne-Happy /
Unhappy)
(title pun intended)
Genre: Comedy
| Credit: animelunatic via animenewsnetwork |
Shounen Ashibe Go! Go! Goma-chan
Genre: Comedy, Slice-of-life
| Credit: myanimelist |
Sansha Sanyou
(Three Leaves, Three Colors)
Genre: Comedy, Slice-of-life
FINALLY!
(HAHAHA)
There it is, my watch-list for this year's SPRING anime. Again, sorry for the long list. Hope you guys enjoy reading this so-called informative anime review. Hahaha. That's all for today, till then!
Comments