:: Novel Review - Aku Lelakimu ::

Salam,  good day peeps.

I know, I know. I left for too long, even virtual spiderweb is inevitable. //brush brush//

Anyway, Happy Holiday! After weeks of being away from home, I'm very happy to be back at my hometown. Also, I'm very excited to write my firsr novel review in this blog. So bear me for my poor grammar and rustic writing. Here goes!

Read:Spoiler ahead. Read with your own risk.

The novel 'Aku Lelakimu' - roughly translated as 'I'm Your Man' is a Malay novel written by Sara Aisha; a well-known Malaysian novelist for her works such as 'Jodoh itu Milik Kita', 'Pembuka Hati', and 'Salju Kyoto'.

The novel tells the story of Tihani Rose (Tia), a news reporter specialized in crimes who is targeted by a serial killer named 'White Killer' and reunites with Alexander Aryan (Alex), a famous thriller novelist who once left a rather chilly impression on Tia by confessing "I'm obsessed with serial killers". Together, they begin solving the murders of young girls killed by 'White Killer' as well as uncovered the truth of the serial killer and overcoming their dark secrets.

Thoughts on the novel?

To be honest, I seldom reading this kind of novel because I knew how exhausted I will be as I continued. HOWEVER! Its synopsis got me intrigued as to what kind of mystery it was and how it revolved within each character. As I read more, the way the writer gave details regarding crime scenes and its process gave the chills yet it fascinated me a lot. It gave me enough clues as to who Alex really was, why 'White Killer' targeted Tia and why Tia became a crime news reporter.

Reading this made me reflecting on few things. One is timeless resentment. For years, Tia and Alex hold their deppest scar from a taunting experience. Even though they had different experiences, both had the same scar whereby they lost their loved one and kept thinking that they are at fault for giving pain to their family. As time passed by, they still kept those resentment and with each other's supports, they both came to a closure and eventually letting go of those painful memories.

Second is the 'White Killer' himself. Characteristic wise, he was unable to feel emotion nor can he fear of anything. Labelled as someone who lack of those, he was capable to kill and enjoyed doing so towards his victims.

(SPOILER!) He even took his victims' eyes as 'trophies' in which I thought was too cruel. Then again, he wouldn't be like that for no reason as the trigger lied within his childhood experience. Once loved but betrayed by his foster mother and inspiration from Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven - that explained about the eyes.

Overall, reading 'Aku Lelakimu' gave a refreshing perspectives on things and how short time can be for people who took it for granted in addition to experiencing reading something more realistic which has been a fun ride of endless chills and thrills. I would recommend this for those who love reading action-romance-thriller-psycological novels and loves Sara Aisha's novels in general.

Well, that's all for now. Before that, I would like to give my gratitude as a fan to Sara Aisha for her hardwork in writing such a masterpiece. Sorry for any mistakes here and thanks a bunch for reading this review of mine. Till then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:: Novel Review : One of Us is Lying ::

:: Art Craze of Mine ::