:: 2016/17 Winter Anime - My List ::
It has been a long~ time since I'm writing here. Wait no further! Here I am to ...update my virtual-web-filled-blog with another anime recommendation! This time, it's 2016/17 Winter edition. 'Not again, Nadie.' 'Yes. (Slaps myself in the face.)'
Anyway, it just happened that I have been blessed with good WiFi connection at home and thus, I was able to catch up with few of those anime(s) during the season. Do take note; whatever anime(s) I have been listed and recommending here, I personally finished it and for the anime in which I have watched 1st episode for impression purposes, I'll just list it out just like that.
So, let's get started. Shall we?
First up! This anime, entitled ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu ka produced by Madhouse, tells the story of a young Deputy Chief of ACCA Inspection Agency namely Jean Otus. Being second-in-command in his department, he has been in and out the 13 districts within the Kingdom of Dowa as his duty is to observe the districts and is responsible in each district's ACCA agency. As its monarch's 99th anniversary reaches, a rumor about a riot towards the monarch is spread throughout the kingdom and the one who leads the so-called rumor is Jean who never know about the whole thing at all. As the story progresses, truths unveil themselves and Jean learns that the rumor might just be the real deal.
Even though it's not my usual cup of tea, I would still recommend this because of the thrill it brings to the audience when the story begin to unveil a secret by a secret about Jean and others who are related to him.
Next! This one, Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen produced by A-1 Picture, embarks the journey of Okumura Rin in Kyoto Prefecture with his fellow classmates. The plot, however, was when Rin was forced to use his demon power and transformed into a blue-flamed demon to fight against Amaimon, his half sibling from the Underworld. Thus, the story proceeds as to what happened to Rin and his friends after the incident and how it affected their friendship and his relationship with Okumura Yukio, his twin brother when they were up against a powerful cursed demon in Kyoto Prefectures. Later on, they realized that they need to be supportive of each other and Rin soon learned that he can protect human beings without his flames hurting them.
I have been a fan of Ao no Exorcist and a fan of the twins, so I waited and expected this one a lot. I can't deny that the 2nd season was prelude of the midway plot of 1st season though. Even so, I actually relieved that they released this side of the series where it explains about how his friends were able to open up to him as the series progresses. Therefore, I would recommend this for its action packed story.
Next up! Kuzu no Honkai , the anime produced by Lerche (well known for producing Ansatsu Kyoshitsu series) unveils the unlike romance between two high school students; Awaya Mugi and Yasuraoka Hanabi who has a secret of their own as they both like their teachers; Minagawa Akane and Kanai Narumi respectively and to satisfy their unrequited feelings, Mugi and Hanabi started dating only to realize that things may not be as simple to be solved any longer.
To be honest, I read the manga and watch its anime adaptation and my exact thought was that, their portrayal of love is much realistic as to compare with cliche romance anime(s) that have been seen before. It piqued my interest to watch and I'm sure that for those who loves this kind of plot, you guys can go watch this. I have to warn though, that it is rated R-15. But, it's good one. Trust me.
Oh yes, I have to mention the following anime(s) as I have watched this but haven't finished watching all of the episodes, such as...
![]() |
| Gabriel Dropout (Doga Kobo) |
![]() |
| Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu : Sukeroku Futatabi-hen (Studio DEEN) |
![]() |
| ēlDLIVE -elDLIVE (Studio Pierrot) |






Comments