:: 2016 Fall Anime Review ::
Salam, good day peeps!
It has been days since New Year and working ever since... but it did not stop me from writing this. Through last year's Fall anime(s), if I may say, this season might just be the one to beat. When I say that, it's just that a few of anime(s) had been a therapy for the past year and eventually suits the season of mellowness and excitement. That is why, for this entry, I'm going to recommend those anime to you guys.
So, that's all I have offered for this season's anime review. Am planning to write again after watching few episodes of Winter 2017 anime(s). Thanks for reading, till then!
It has been days since New Year and working ever since... but it did not stop me from writing this. Through last year's Fall anime(s), if I may say, this season might just be the one to beat. When I say that, it's just that a few of anime(s) had been a therapy for the past year and eventually suits the season of mellowness and excitement. That is why, for this entry, I'm going to recommend those anime to you guys.
p.s. Be prepared...for ANOTHER SHORT REVIEW. #feelingmeh
![]() |
| Credit:myanimelist |
Entitled 3-gatsu no Lion (March comes in like a Lion), the anime was based on a manga with the same name by Umeno Chika, the creator of Honey and Clover and produced by SHAFT Studio. This anime tells a story of a professional 'shogi' player named Kiriyama Rei - 17 years old and lives alone. Despite being able to become independent, he has yet to mature emotionally when it comes to his relationship with foster family as well as achieving the best in his career - until he met the Kawamoto sisters; Akari, Hinata and Momo, and also their grandfather and slowly becoming fond of their existence in his life and also realizing things he did not notice before.
The reason I recommend this is just because it brings out the mellowness in daily life despite the pressure one has. Just like how Rei started to overcome his own conflicts, he eventually became a better individual as life goes on.
![]() |
| Credit:myanimelist |
Entitled Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari (Poco's Udon World), this anime was based on a manga with the same name by Shinomaru Nodoka and created by LIDENFILMS Studio. The anime tells the story of a young man, Tawara Souta who visited his family home in Kagawa and met a shapeshifting 'tanuki' whom he named Poco. As he learned about Poco's secret, he quitted his job as web designer and decided to take care of the young Poco in Kagawa.
The reason I want to recommend this is because it brings out the mellowness in the relationship between both Souta and Poco. Despite being different and unrelated by blood, Souta takes care of Poco knowing that it could bring misunderstandings with his family member and people around them. Besides...Poco is such a cutie. I can't say NO to anything CUTE.
![]() |
| Credit:myanimelist |
This next anime; Haikyuu!! Karasuno Koukou Vs. Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou (Haikyuu!! Karasuno High School Vs. Shiratorizawa Academy High), is the third season of Haikyuu!! and it is based of manga by Furudate Haruichi. Continuing its second season, the anime embarks on the finals where two schools in Miyagi Prefecture fights for National Spring Competition. There, Hinata Shoyo and Kageyama Tobio alongside their Karasuno Volleyball members were up against the powerhouse Ushijima Wakatoshi with his Shiratorizawa Volleyball members and fight for the crown.
The reason for recommending this is, the adrenaline Haikyuu!! has to offer for the watchers and yes, it exceeds the expectation by bringing the still art into animation.
![]() |
| Credit:myanimelist |
Finally, the anime that has been highlighted by most is an original animation entitled Yuri!! on Ice created by MAPPA Studio. This sports anime entails the journey of 23-year-old Katsuki Yuuri, one of top figure skaters from Japan who was crushed in his last Grand Prix Finale and came back to his hometown with regrets. On one fine day, a well-acknowledged figure skater from Russia and Yuuri's longtime idol, Viktor Nikiforov, came to Japan and became Yuuri's coach due to circumstances. It was sooner than expected when fellow Russian skater, Yuratchka 'Yuri' Plisetsky, came to bring back Viktor to Russia with him.
I am so recommending this one because it is simply amazing when seeing the skating choreography done by all the figure skaters throughout the competition especially the ever-evolving choreo by Yuuri. I had to warn you guys though, that this could be very engaging regarding to the relationship between Yuuri and Viktor...if you know what I mean.
So, that's all I have offered for this season's anime review. Am planning to write again after watching few episodes of Winter 2017 anime(s). Thanks for reading, till then!




Comments